Paragon Software Group , a software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, in partnership with Merriam-Webster, Inc., the leader in language reference publishing in the United States, announces the release of eleven monolingual and bilingual reference classics from Merriam-Webster for Mac OS X. The apps are conveniently combined in a single Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries in-app catalog app, allowing the user to immediately find the right dictionary, download it, and test it for free, before making the purchasing decision. The new app comes with a full version of Merriam-Webster's Pocket Dictionary at a special price of only $0.99 USD (the regular price $19.99 USD).
The "Merriam-Webster's Dictionaries" app includes the following additional dictionaries:
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged
- Merriam-Webster's English-French and French-English Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's English-Spanish and Spanish-English Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary (* without a sound module)
- Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Thesaurus
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law
- Merriam-Webster's Essential Learner's English Dictionary
Search and translate features:
- Search through dictionary headwords.
- Full text search to look up usage examples.
- List of similar words results in case of misspelled look ups.
- Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use "?" and "*" symbols to replace the missing letters.
- Morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
- Look-up functionality from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application.
- Search through Favorites.
- Search History - while you are using the dictionary, all looked up and viewed words/phrases are saved in the History.
- Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
- Irregular verbs.
- Word forms.
- Quick access to virtual keyboard.
- Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
- Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
- Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
Compatibility: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and higher.